Relevant REFERENCE titles
Most of these Reference titles are held at the Bendigo campus and therefore not usable for Bundoora students, but there are some electronic versions available.
The catalogue is the key to the collection; use it to find primary resources such as books, exam papers, journals and audiovisual items. Be ready to use a wide range of terms, both general and precise.
- Geographical names - Australia, United States, Europe, etc.
- Time elements - Contemporary, Modern, 18th century etc.
- Genre or Style - fantasy, realism, adventure etc
- Audience - young adult, juvenile, younger readers etc.
- Additional concepts - family, racism, gender etc
Use quotation marks around two or more words to search as a phrase e.g. "suspension of disbelief" or "Greek mythology"
Truncate words to pick up different forms or endings. e.g. archetyp* will search for archetype, archetypical, archetypes etc.
Use wildcards to adjust for multiple spellings e.g. organi?ation will search for organisation and organization