Get Endnote X8
EndNote X8 is available to La Trobe University staff and students. If you have an earlier edition of EndNote on your computer please uninstall it before uploading the most up-to-date version.
Visit the Student IT Support page: latrobe.edu.au/students/it/software. Versions for PC and Mac are available. When prompted, choose 'customised installation'.
The instructions in this guide refer to PC users. Mac users can refer to the Quick Reference Guide for Mac (PDF below).
Use the menu on the left to find further information, or watch the short EndNote basics video below.
- Store as many references, documents, and files as you need.
- Work from a single reference library with up to 100 people, no matter where they are located.
- See what changes your collaborators have made to your shared library with a built-in activity log.
- Insert citations and references from your library into your manuscript or document and automatically build a bibliography in over 6,000 styles directly from Word.
- Directly import references from bibliographic databases.
- Initiate a search for full text PDFs across your subscriptions and freely available sources. When the article is found, it will automatically be attached to your reference.