At Possum Creek / William Sylvester Walker (Coo-ee)
The Melbourne Library has a number of special collections. These include materials which for a variety of reasons are housed under conditions of restricted access such as:
- books printed before 1850
- limited editions, rare or unique volumes
- volumes of works which feature decorative bindings
- books that are liable to theft, mutilation or damage because of their content or condition
- theses which have been placed on limited access by the graduate
Exploring the collection
Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
Rare and Special Books are available for use in the Library only and must be read in the Special Collections reading area under "Special Collections Conditions of Use" rules. For access to these items, please ask at the Inquiry Desk on Level 1.
Use the Library Catalogue to search by subject, author, title or keyword.