Government Publications Collection
This collection includes a substantial collection of Australian Federal & State government publications, a selection of Irish government publications from 1972 to 1992, and British and Indian government publications.
Some noteworthy Government publications include:
- Victorian parliamentary papers 1837-1900, and Colonial statistics: Australian Statistical publications 1804-1901 (3000 fiche) gifted by the Victorian Parliamentary Library;
- US government publications on microfiche including Statutes at large 1789-1982 and the Congressional record 1873-1985 which continue the hardcopy Annals of Congress, Register of debates and the Congressional globe, providing a complete run of the debates of the US congress from 1789 onwards;
- Canadian government publications ( a selective repository for Canadian Government publications - for some 19th and later 20th century materials including the Canadian Census from 1884 -1961 and Treaty series back to 1928;
- 19th and 20th century parliamentary materials of Great Britain, including the British sessional papers comprising the House of Commons and Command papers from 1837-1900;
- Publications of International organisations like the International Labour Office, the World Bank, and OECD; and as the Library is a European Documentation Centre it received print Government publications from the European Union
Australian/Victorian Government Publications
Items in this collection are available to La Trobe University students, staff and other registered borrowers.
Much of the print collection is low use and is located in Storage, the Annexe or Microform Storage.
A Hold can be placed on items that are held in Storage or the Annex - collect from the Reserve area on level 1.