Choosing the most appropriate program to use
If you have a choice of programs to generate and/or store your data, consider the following questions to help you decide the best program to use:
- How long is the program likely to be available?
- Does the program allow you to save data in a durable file format?
- How frequent are the program updates and what is the latest version available? Frequent program updates suggest a high level of software development which in turn increases the likelihood that the program will be available and supported for longer.
- How much technical support is available? Is there an Australian technical support representative?
- Does the program have a community of users with active online presence? This would normally take the form of an online user forum or something similar. An active online user community means that you will be able to seek and receive support and assistance from other users for any problems you may face now and in the future.
For further assistance, contact the ICT Service Desk on (03) 9479 1500 or via the Ask Services Portal