- File storage media, including external hard drives, will be replaced every [2, 5] years, and files will be migrated to avoid degradation and corruption.
- To protect and preserve paper-based data, it will be stored in a climate-controlled environment, in archive-quality boxes approved by the Australian Standards Authority.
- At the completion of the project, digital data will be converted to a standard format to help preserve the data.
- At the completion of the project, data will be converted to an open format, [such as Rich Text Format (.rtf), OpenDocument Text (.odt) or Notepad (.txt.)], to help preserve the data.
- At the completion of the project, electronic data will be converted to the digital preservation, ISO-standardised format PDF/A.
See the end of project guide for more information.