- All de-identified research data related to this project will be deposited in Researchdata.latrobe (powered by Figshare), La Trobe's collaborative digital repository, and have publicly accessible metadata records. Links to the research data will be provided in the metadata record, as well as information regarding copyright, licensing and re-use by others.
- A copyright transfer clause will be included in participant consent forms to allow for de-identified interview extracts to be published.
- The participant consent forms will specify the terms of data reuse.
- Where third party copyright material has been used, extracts may be published with sources appropriately attributed.
- The research data can only be re-used in an aggregated de-identified format.
- To provide context for future use, de-identified data documentation, including metadata, will be made available with the dataset.
- The project metadata adheres to DataCite’s ‘Metadata schema for the publication and citation of research data’, a standard widely used in data catalogues to promote data citation.
- As per the DataCite Metadata Schema, a DOI will be assigned to the metadata record to allow for data citation.
- In publications related to the research data, reference will be made to the accessibility of the data and the data will be directly linked where possible.
Issues to consider regarding sharing and/or re-using data
Will you enable reuse of your research data and how will you facilitate this?
- Well managed, described and indexed in order to optimise results Google search, for example
- Metadata standards and data licensing
- Consider DataCite’s ‘Metadata schema for the publication and citation of research data’ to enable data citation
- ANDS suggests the Creative Commons suite of licenses.
Following on from a statement regarding access to the research data, and any confidentiality or copyright concerns, you may want to consider giving specific information about the how data can be shared and re-used.
See the sharing and publishing data guide for more information.