Starting a project
NVivo projects typically include the following tasks:
- Creating a new project file and importing research materials
- Coding data
- Capturing thinking in memos
- Creating cases for each participant
- Creating or editing a classification (e.g., a person classification to capture demographic characteristics) and linking it to each case
- Running queries
- Visualising data
- Saving and backing up the project
To create a new project file and import research materials:
- Open NVivo 12 from the Start menu, or a desktop shortcut if installed.
- Select the Blank Project tile and enter the file name, description, and location on your computer for the file.
- From the Import tab, select Files
- Select the files to be imported and click the Import button.
The following video shows how to start a new project and import files.