At Possum Creek / William Sylvester Walker (Coo-ee)
The Melbourne Library has a number of special collections. These include materials housed under conditions of restricted access such as:
- books printed before 1850
- limited editions, rare or unique volumes
- volumes of works which feature decorative bindings
- books that are liable to theft, mutilation or damage because of their content or condition
- theses which have been placed on limited access by the graduate
Select the above tabs Fine Bindings, Rare Books and Vulnerable for further information.
Exploring the collection
Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
Rare and Special Books are available for use in the Library only and must be read in the Special Collections reading area under "Special Collections Conditions of Use" rules. For access to these items, please ask library staff in the Help Zone.
Use Library search to search by subject, author, title or keyword.