La Trobe referencing styles
The following styles have been created by La Trobe University Library to match the University's core styles. To download, click on the link or document.
- APA 7 - La Trobe University version for EndNote 20LTU APA7 style - Last updated 11 November 2020. Suitable for use with EndNote X9.
- Harvard- La Trobe University version for Endnote 20Harvard-LTU-v17-X7 - Last updated 7 January 2014. Suitable for use with EndNote X9
- Harvard Annotated- La Trobe University version for EndNote 20Harvard-LTU-v17-X7 Annotated. Suitable for use with EndNote X9
- Oxford (Footnoting)- La Trobe University version for Endnote 20Oxford-LTU-v05-X7 - Last updated 19 November 2021. Suitable for use with EndNote X9
- AGLC 4 (v2) - La Trobe University version for EndNote 20AGLC-4-LTU-v2 - Last updated 4 December 2020. Suitable for use with EndNote X9.
- AGLC4 Reference Type Table for use with EndNote 20For use with AGLC4 - La Trobe University. Last updated 12 July 2019. See Reference Type Table installation instructions below. Right-click and select "Save As" or "Download Linked File", or equivalent.
Installing the Reference Type Table file in EndNote 20
- Within EndNote, select EndNote 20 > Preferences from the top menu.
- Within the EndNote Preferences screen, select Reference Types on the left.
- Click the Import button.
- Select the ‘AGLCRefTypeTable.xml’ file from your Downloads folder (note: the .xml extension may not be shown). Click Open.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
- Close the screen by clicking the red dot at the top/left of the screen.
Installing EndNote styles
To install a new Style file:
- Ensure EndNote is closed.
- Download the Style file.
- Navigate to the folder where EndNote is installed.
- This is located in the Applications folder. Double-click on EndNote 20.
- Go into the Styles folder.
- Copy the downloaded Style file into the Styles folder.
Re-open EndNote. The style will now be available in the list of available styles.
Changing between styles
To ensure a recently added style is available to use in Word, you will need to include it.
In EndNote, from the menu open the Output Styles Manager (Tools > Output Styles > Open Style Manager).
TIck the checkbox for each style that you want to include.
Click the 'X' on the top/left of the screen to close.
EndNote reference management software, Clarivate Analytics, Version 20, 2020
Within Microsoft Word change between styles within the EndNote 20 tab by selecting from the Style drop-down.