La Trobe referencing styles
The following styles have been created by La Trobe University Library to match the University's core styles. To download, click on the link or document.
Installing the Reference Type Table file in EndNote X9
- Within EndNote X9, select Edit -> Preferences from the top menu.
- Within the EndNote Preferences screen, select Reference Types on the left.
- Click the Import button.
- Select the ‘AGLCRefTypeTable.xml’ file from your Downloads folder (note: the .xml extension may not be shown). Click Open.
- Click Apply and then OK at the bottom of the screen.
- Click ‘x’ (top/right) to close the screen.
Installing EndNote styles
To install a new Style file:
- Ensure EndNote is closed.
- Download the Style file.
- Navigate to the folder where EndNote is installed:
- On a PC, this is usually located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\EndNote X9.
- On a Mac, this is located in the Applications folder. Double-click on EndNote X9.
- Go into the Styles folder.
- Copy the downloaded Style file into the Styles folder.
Re-open EndNote. The style will now be available in the list of available styles.
Changing between styles
From the menu open the Output Styles Manager (Edit > Output Styles>Open Style Manager).
Select your preferred style from the drop-down menu. If the style you want doesn't appear in this menu, choose Select Another Style and search for it:
EndNote reference management software, Clarivate Analytics, Version X9, 2018.
Select the desired style and then select Choose.