What is Open at La Trobe (OPAL)?
OPAL (previously researchdata.latrobe and ResearchOnline) is a collaborative digital repository for all researchers and graduate researchers to share and publish their research outputs, whether they be PDFs, audio, video, images, code, datasets, presentations or anything else. OPAL is powered by figshare.
The key benefits include:
- Compliance: easy compliance with funder and publisher requirements to make data open
- Secure management: manage private or public research outputs securely
- Multiple formats: more than 1,000 file types can be uploaded including audio, video, images, spreadsheets, documents, surveys, datasets and posters.
- Access: research files are available online from anywhere in the world
- Collaboration: research files can be shared privately with collaborators or made public
- Increased citations: all research outputs made public receive a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) making them citable
- Records impact: Altmetrics tracks your views, downloads and citations
- Reuse: apply Creative Commons or other appropriate licenses to define terms of re-use
- Visibility: greater visibility of research outputs once published
- Discoverability: allows other researchers to find your work, enabling collaborative research
- Embargo: research outputs can be embargoed when necessary
Open access journal articles, research reports, or accepted manuscripts (the final manuscript version accepted by a publisher), must be submitted via the 'Upload Publication' link.
Please get in contact with us with any questions via this form.