At Possum Creek / William Sylvester Walker (Coo-ee)
- 'History of Australasia' by David Blair printed in 1878. This large book was written with the intention of providing the first one-volume history of Australasia.
- 'A successful exploration through the interior of Australia from Melbourne to the Gulf of Carpentaria'. This 1863 publication presents a collection of journal writings and letters of William John Wills.
- An illustrated 1892 edition of 'The last of the Bushrangers: An account of the capture of the Kelly gang' by Francis Augustus Hare.
- An account of the empire of China, historical, political, moral and religious (Vol 1) by Domingo Fernández Navarrete published in the 1700s. This account was supposedly suppressed by the Spanish Inquisition.
- The Mulfuzat Timury ; or Autobiographical memoirs of the Moghul Emperor Timur written in the Jagtay Turky language, turned into Persian by Abu Talib Hussyny / and translated into English by Major Charles Stewart.
- Letters from the North of Italy : addresssed to Henry Hallam Esq by William Stewart Rose published in 1819.
- An 1825 edition of Essays and treatises on several subjects by David Hume.
Guidelines for inclusion
- printed before 1850
- Australian imprints before 1920
- limited editions of 500 copies or fewer
- signed or association copies if the person has special historical or local significance
- auction catalogues for book and art Australiana
- books whose market value exceeds ten times the current average price per volume.
Exploring the collection
Little Mother Meg / Ethel Turner (1902)
· Rare Books are mostly available for use in the Library only and must be read in the Special Collections reading area under "Special Collections Conditions of Use" rules.
For access to these items, please ask library staff in the Help Zone on Level 1.
Use Library search to search by subject, author, title or keyword.