Advanced searching in Medline
Select 'Play' on image below to learn how to:
- create a PICO concept map
- conduct a comprehensive search in Medline & CINAHL using both subject headings and keywords.
Table of Contents and Menu available within the tutorial.
This type of searching is also applicable to Embase, PsycINFO & AMED although these databases use different Subject Heading systems with differing functionality.
Further step-by-step instructions:
Find full text
Click on La Trobe's Find Full Text link to get to full text resources held by the Library. If not successful:
- search for the title of the article or the journal via the library home page and follow the links to the full text
- if not held by the Library, request the article via Document Delivery Services
Save & manage your results
Select 'My account' at the top right corner to create your own personalised account to save results, searches and create alerts.
Once you have selected records, look for options to email, print or export.
Ovid user guides
- Ovid tutorials & short demosProvides step-by-step overviews of the features and functionalities of the Ovid platform.
- Ovid online trainingLive & pre-recorded sessions offering novice, intermediate, and advanced workshops to help you get the most out of the Ovid databases.