How data can be accessed
- All DNA and RNA sequence data will be submitted for publication to the European Nucleotide Archive.
- All de-identified research outputs and research data related to this project will be deposited in Researchdata.latrobe (powered by Figshare), La Trobe's collaborative digital repository.
- Researchdata.latrobe (powered by Figshare) enables wide dissemination of de-identified data, discoverability and data citation via search engines including Google and Research Data Australia. This is facilitated by the use of persistent unique identifiers (including DOIs) and the application of appropriate metadata standards.
- A metadata record for the project’s data set will be made available via Research Data Australia. This record will include a DOI to allow for data citation.
- Only completely anonymised data will be made open access.
- Only completely de-identified data will be made open access.
- Only aggregated data will be made open access.
When data can be accessed (embargo periods)
- The data will be embargoed for one year following completion of the project.
- The dataset will be openly available after an embargo period, to allow for the publication of journal articles related to the research data.
- During the embargo period, requests for access to the research data will be mediated and considered on a case by case basis by the Principal Investigator.
- Requests for access to the research data will be mediated by a link to contact the Chief Investigator on the metadata record.
See the sharing and publishing data guide for more information.