Sync with EndNote Online
Endnote Online creates a copy of your library (including attachments) and stores it online. This option allows you to access your password-protected library from any location, download references and full text, and sync your library to multiple computers. Any PDF files that you have added to your local EndNote library will also be synchronised.
Note: Only one EndNote desktop library can be syncronised to make it availble online. The same library can be used on multiple devices. If you attempt to synchronise more than one desktop library, EndNote will merge them all.
The steps required to create and sync with an online account are:
- In your web-browser, navigate to http://www.endnote.com.
- Click the EndNote online login link (top/right of screen).
- Find the Register link in the middle of the screen and click this to open the registration page.
- Enter your details into the fields and click the Register button.
- To verify your account, an email will be sent to the email address account that you entered.
Once you have verified your account:
- Open EndNote desktop.
- From the top menu select Edit > Preferences.
- From the list on the left, select Sync.
- Click the Enable Sync button.
- Enter the email address and password you used to create your EndNote Online account, and click OK.
- On the main screen click Apply.
- Click the Sync icon on the top of the screen in EndNote.
You will be advised that your online and local libraries will be merged. As this is a new account, the online library is empty, click OK.
Add records to EndNote library using EndNote Online
1. Search for a book in the search window on the La Trobe Library home page. For example, 'Masculinities'.
2. Once you have found the item, click the cite (") incon to display the citation options.
3. Click the EndNote Web button. A new tab will open indicating that the reference has been imported into your EndNote online library. Login to EndNote online may be required. You can do this for each article you wish to include.
4. Within EndNote desktop, from the menu select Library > sync to sync your library to retrieve the references and to display them in your EndNote 20 desktop library.
5. Open the reference to check that the reference data is complete
Note: When improting references this way, where the reference type is book, the place published data is provided in the publisher field. It is recommended that this data be moved to the place published field.
6. Save the reference by closing the screen. Click the 'X' on the top/right of the open window.