What to deposit into OPAL
- Research outputs with a La Trobe University affiliation (publications that don't have a La Trobe University affiliation shouldn't be deposited in OPAL).
- Material that meets the reporting requirements of the Australian Research Council’s Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA), including open access author accepted manuscripts (fully peer-reviewed) post print publications.
- Material that is subject to ARC’s, NHMRC’s or other funders’ mandates
- Metadata within 3 months in all cases (description of dataset contents e.g. size, fields, creation date)
- Full text and data within 12 months (for sensitive data, a non-identifiable version should be shared if possible)
- Non-traditional research outputs (NTROs) such as original creative works, live performance of creative works, recorded/rendered creative works and curated or produced substantial public exhibitions and events
- Technical reports, commissioned reports and other types of research reports
- Unpublished research data and working papers
- Graduate research theses
- Unpublished working papers
- Research data (including supplementary, stand-alone, or negative datasets)
- Conference papers (including posters, presentations, or proceedings)
- Education resources (including lectures, worksheets, or podcasts)
For more ideas, see the examples showcase.
If you are unsure whether your research is eligible, please contact the Library's Repository team at firstname.lastname@example.org