Sync with EndNote Online
Endnote Online creates a copy of your library (including attachments) and stores it online. This option allows you to access your password-protected library from any location, download references and full text, and sync your library to multiple computers. Any PDF files that you have added to your local EndNote library will also be synchronised.
The steps required to create and sync with an online account are:
- In your web-browser, navigate to http://www.endnote.com.
- Click the EndNote online login link (top/right of screen).
- Find the Register link in the middle of the screen and click this to open the registration page.
- Enter your details into the fields and click the Register button.
- To verify your account, an email will be sent to the email address account that you entered.
Once you have verified your account:
- Open EndNote on your Mac.
- From the top menu open EndNote 20 and select Preferences.
- From the list on the left, select Sync.
- Click the Enable Sync button.
- Enter the email address and password you used to create your EndNote Online account, and click OK.
- On the main screen click OK.
- Click the Sync icon on the top of the screen in EndNote.
You will be advised that your online and local libraries will be merged.