About Web of Science
Web of Science is a major citation database that provides author and article citation metrics.
Coverage: Science Citation Index (1955-), Social Sciences Citation Index (1955-), Arts & Humanities Citation Index (1975-), Conference Proceedings Citation Index (1990-). Refer to the Summary of Coverage for further information.
- Coverage spans 1900 to present
- Covers over 20,000 high impact journals and over 150,000 conference proceedings
- Very strong coverage in the life and physical sciences
- Very strong coverage in clinical, pre-clinical and health sciences
- Less coverage in disciplines such as social sciences, arts and humanities
How to find citation metrics
To view citation metrics, search for an author and then select Create Citation Report.
Watch the following video to learn how to view citation data for authors and scholarly works.
Clarivate citation report by Clarivate Analytics (YouTube)
If your search results include multiple authors, save the records for the individual author into a marked list and then create a citation report. The following video shows how to use the marked list.