LAST UPDATED MAY 13th 2021
Suggestion: You can still read books online and download eBook chapters.
Suggestion: This is usually caused by having multiple browser windows open, causing too many logins. Log out and clear your cookies and cache.
Suggestion: to search for articles, journals or videos go directly to Informit .
Suggestion: There are a few different login pages for various La Trobe University services and some require slightly different versions of your username to be entered. Try the following:
- If the login page you are using is like the one below please try entering your student number/username . If your student number is 12345678 for example you would enter that and your password as shown below.
- Eduroam requires you to use your username followed by @ltu.edu.au. E.g. JBloggs@ltu.edu.au
- There is a known issue where the login to databases "expires" and will not work despite your login working elsewhere. You will need to reset your password.
Suggestion: Standards Online (SAI Global) requires you to register individually before you can access it.
You can view the full standard without downloading by selecting "Read Only".
Try again at a different time- there is a limit on concurrent users.
Suggestion: Standards Online have updated how their content can be used and require all distributors to ensure that users are not able to breach their licence requirements - the FileOpen plugin is now needed for Adobe Reader software.
The FileOpen plugin limits usage of Standards Online content to only what is allowed in the licence agreement:
- Access to open and save the document for one user on one device. If you would like access for more than one user, please select the Multi-User PDF option
- Ability to print the document twice
- No ability to cut and paste from the document
- More information on SAI Global.
Suggestion: SciVal requires you to register individually before you can access it.
Issue: Staff having trouble accessing.
Suggestion: Login to the VPN then go to this URL http://www.uptodate.com/online