LAST UPDATED OCTOBER 25th 2021
Suggestion: Try logging in via the University VPN.
Suggestion: EBSCO have advised that this issue is intermittent and will be fixed in an upcoming update. They suggest attempting the export again.
- Header too large
- Bad request
- Error message 400
- Request header field exceeds server limit.
Suggestion:This is a known browser issue with Firefox,and the These are some ways to fix this issue
Suggestion: This is usually caused by having multiple browser windows open, causing too many logins. Log out and clear your cookies and cache.
Suggestion: to search for articles, journals or videos go directly to Informit .
Suggestion: There are a few different login pages for various La Trobe University services and some require slightly different versions of your username to be entered. Try the following:
- Does the login page look like the one below? Use your student number / username (e.g. 12345678) or staff username (e.g. JSmith). This is the part before the @students.ltu.edu.au or @ltu.edu.au
- Eduroam requires you to use your username followed by @students.ltu.edu.au or @ltu.edu.au. e.g. email@example.com or JBloggs@ltu.edu.au Please note, this is not your email address.
- There is a known issue where the login to databases "expires" and will not work despite your login working elsewhere. You will need to reset your password.
Suggestion: Standards Online (SAI Global) requires you to register individually before you can access it.
Try again at a different time- there is a limit on concurrent users.
Suggestion: Standards Online have updated how their content can be used and require all distributors to ensure that users are not able to breach their licence requirements - the FileOpen plugin is now needed for Adobe Reader software.
The FileOpen plugin limits usage of Standards Online content to only what is allowed in the licence agreement:
- Access to open and save the document for one user on one device. If you would like access for more than one user, please select the Multi-User PDF option
- Ability to print the document twice
- No ability to cut and paste from the document
- More information on SAI Global.
PDF files downloaded from Standards Online are encrypted and can only be opened in a PDF viewer that supports FileOpen. If you try to open this file in any other application, such as a web browser, you will receive an error (such as "Failed to load PDF document"). Please ensure that you are always using a supported viewer and that it is kept up to date. Once you receive a notification in your browser that the file has downloaded, right click on the notification and choose "Show In Folder" to locate the file on your computer. Then open the file in Acrobat Reader by double clicking on the file.
Suggestion: SciVal requires you to register individually before you can access it.
Issue: Staff having trouble accessing.
Suggestion: Login to the VPN then go to this URL http://www.uptodate.com/online