Academic profiles for Graduate Researchers
All graduate researchers (PhD, Professional Doctorate and Masters by Research students) at La Trobe University are provided with an Academic Profile.
An Academic Profile helps you to:
- identify with the University as a researcher
- start building a research network
- showcase your research interests, activities and involvement
- improve your professional image and standing in the research community
Important first steps
Login to My Publications
Login to My Publications using your institutional 'staff-like' user name and password. Your username will have the format "jsmith" or similar. This information is emailed to you after your enrolment is processed.
You must activate your institutional account to access My Publications.
Add a biography
Login to My Publications and edit the "Overview" section. See the instructions on the Editing Academic Profiles page. Your updated information will display in your Academic Profile the next day.
Tips on writing a biography
- Share information about who you are and what you're about.
- Include organisations and groups you've volunteered with relevant to your area of research.
- Repurpose material you have written for other sites such as LinkedIn.
- Consult the RED team's Digital Academic Module to learn how to curate your digital profile.
Add a photo
You can also add a high resolution photo to your Academic Profile.
- File size must be less than 6 MB.
- Image size should exceed 180 X 180 pixels.
See the instructions on the Editing Academic Profiles / Upload a picture page.
The Graduate Research School is working to offer ongoing paid photo sessions for La Trobe Candidates. Contact the Communications team at email@example.com for further information.
Add relevant links
You can also add links to websites such as your Twitter or Google Scholar account, or a professional blog. See the instructions on the Editing Academic Profiles / Link to websites page.
Graduate Researcher Academic Profiles frequently asked questions
Why can't I login to My Publications?
Make sure you are using your institutional 'staff-like' user name and password and that your account has been activated.
How do I activate my new institutional account?
Why aren't my updates showing in my Academic Profile?
Updates made in My Publications are displayed in Academic Profiles the following day.
What information do I include in my biography?
Refer to the "Tips on writing a biography" section on this page.